Question How to push an update only of NetOP School v6.22? (MSP File ???)

Hi! I work for a public school and I'm trying to figure out a way to push the new 6.22 version as an update. My target computers already have the 6.21 version install and working correctly. So I would really prefer to find a way to only push the new version as an update. This way I can skip the entire process of recreating a package for each computer lab twice because of the teacher and student version. Is it possible? If not please advise the programmer that this would be a great new feature! By the way our computers are lock down so no teachers or students can do the update. And I'm not talking about only 30 computers here!

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Last edited by gboucher; 09-06-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Hello Mr. Boucher, thank you for sharing this experience with us. First of all, please note that the 6.22 version is a maintenance release that includes mainly bug fixes to a variety of issues reported by our customers. You can find the release notes here.

Could you please confirm if you encountered any of the issues that were fixed in the 6.22 release (flickering thumbnails, student names not refreshed between logins, wrong MAC address recorded in student info)?

If this is the case then an upgrade to the latest version is highly recommended.

I'm afraid that pushing the new version as an update is not possible for the moment, only a redeployment if you really need to perform an upgrade to 6.22 (in case you encountered one of the bugs listed above).

If you deploy the new School MSI using a group policy or script, I don't think you will need to push out an MST as well, as it should just pick up the exisitng settings that were deployed before. However, I advise you to test before doing this on a large scale.

Please let me know in case you need more assistance with the deployment.

Thank you for your understanding!

Kindest regards