Hi Dorte,

Thanks for the informative response.

I do sympathise with your position in terms of tackling specific product goals (and those do sound like worthy avenues!), and I'm certainly not expecting my particular needs to necessarily overlap yours or anyone else's. I guess I'm just coming from a different world of software development (Mac/iOS), where the teams are perhaps more agile and able to address minor issues and features more rapidly -- two months passing without being thrown a bone, so to speak, is an eternity over there, let alone two *years*.

My outlook is probably further soured a bit by the fact that this is the first (and only) app I've ever purchased in my career that charges annually for point updates. That's fine, if that's your model; it just makes it *seem* worse when all the other apps we *aren't* paying for are being constantly iterated and improved in response to feedback. I keep renewing our Netop subscription because I'm hoping that one day you'll push a release that truly improves our experience with it, but it's kind of feeling like dumping money into an insurance policy you never use, you know?