Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vision v7.4.1 - network preferences (adapter)

our teacher node (XP SP3) forgets its manually assigned network adapter and reverts back to Default after X amount of days. once this happens, the lab teacher typically is unable to connect to the student machines. is this a known issue?

how do i get the lab teacher node to remember to use its manually assigned integrated NIC (as opposed to Default)?

suggestions?

Dear edysangco, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Can you please confirm if you are using mandatory profiles?

Thank you
    Kindest regards,

Gianina-Aniela

Netop Support

hi Gianina

we run a straightforward Windows 2003 Active Directory domain. our instructors login w/ their domain user accounts (machine Power Users level) and LOCAL user profiles are created on lab machines. NO mandatory profiles.

thanks

Hello again, thank you for clarifying this, it helps narrowing down the root cause. The issue you are experiencing happens every time you change your IP address.

If this is the case, I would recommend reserving an IP address for all affected teachers, or change the renewall process, so it usually gets the same IP.

Let me know if this solves your problem.
    Kindest regards,

Gianina-Aniela

Netop Support

hi again Gianina-Aniela

forcing the machine to have a static IP or DHCP reservation did NOT work. i just logged in to test after a few days and found the NIC adapter again set to that dreaded Default status. once again, Vision v7.4.1 is unusable (student machines do NOT respond to Blank Screen, Demo, etc.). we have multiple labs configured w/ Vision and it's very frustrating for instructors when the app decides to break on its own.

PLEASE ASSIST

Dear edysangco, we have not seen this before. Please submit a support case, so that we can go over some troubleshooting with you. You can submit a case through the form at

Thank you
    Kindest regards,

Gianina-Aniela

Netop Support

Same Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Gianina Aniela Casleanu View Post
    Dear edysangco, we have not seen this before. Please submit a support case, so that we can go over some troubleshooting with you. You can submit a case through the form at

Thank you
    Was this problem ever figured out? We are having the same difficulty. The Network Preferences reset back to Default every week. Our lab teacher sets his preferences every Monday and they stick throughout the week and then reset back to Default somehow every Monday so that he loses connection until he sets his preferences again.

Demo mode

Quote Originally Posted by docrowe View Post
    Was this problem ever figured out? We are having the same difficulty. The Network Preferences reset back to Default every week. Our lab teacher sets his preferences every Monday and they stick throughout the week and then reset back to Default somehow every Monday so that he loses connection until he sets his preferences again.
    I agree with everything in this thread. I too have this same issue. In addition I continually have to remove and reinstalled the Netop Display adapter in order to make demo or blank screen work. 7.4.1 is worthless to us.

In fact, I would recommend we revert to version 6 of vision but NETOP made us agree to uninstall that everywhere when we went to 7.

Dear docrowe, the first thing I would recommend is having longer IP lease time. In case this cannot be accomplished, please try a static of reserved IP, which will allow the teacher PC to keep its IP address.

Let me know how this worked.
    Kindest regards,

Gianina-Aniela

Netop Support