Smile File Distribution in Vision?

I cannot figure out how to distribute files to the classroom computers in Vision. I have it figured out in NetOp School, but not yet in Vision.

Anyone got any pointers for me?

Cheers

There are a few different methods to send files in the program. The first is to click 'Show Document' in the bar at the top of the main Vision Window. This will immediatley distribute the file you select to a temporary folder on the student stations and present them with a option to open it.

Another is in the chat portion of the program, you can attach files to messages you send to students. It looks fairly comperable on the student program to the first option.

There is also an option in chat for sending and collecting files after a specific amount of time, but it's a bit more involved and I'd recommend reading the manual for info on that.
    Dean Johnson | Support Engineer
    Netop | www.netop.com
    15725 SW Greystone Court, Suite 225
    Beaverton, Oregon 97006 USA

Good day,

In Netop School, you could send files to a specific folder on the students computer. eg. If I want all my groups to use a specific file, I can send it to their individual folders on their computers. In Vision this is not possible?

Secondly, in Netop School there was an option to send a whole folder as is to the learners computer, it would then be stored in exactly the same place and folder structure as on the teachers computer. This is also not possible in Vision?

Regards
    Louis

If you wish to change the location of your files, you can do so in the chat section of the program's file transfer by changing the work files folder definition. It will not affect the main program's show document feature, but all of the chat functions should place files there.

You cannot send entire folders in Vision currently.
    Dean Johnson | Support Engineer
    Netop | www.netop.com
    15725 SW Greystone Court, Suite 225
    Beaverton, Oregon 97006 USA