Hybrid View

Vision 7 not loading

I was setting up a lab and can not get the Teacher Client to load completely. The lab is setup with Vision 7 and the computers are running Windows XP. When the teacher computer starts the netop screen comes up and goes away but the program never fully loads or connects to the computers. I have tried turning off the automatic load and loading manually after the computer is fully started but still does the same thing.

Dear searcytr,

If you are referring to the Vision Dashboard that won't open, these are the steps to be followed:

-right click on the Vision icon in the taskbar near the clock and go up to options > show shortcut bar. If it is enabled, you may need to turn it off and back on for it to display;

- hover your mouse at right top of the screen to see the Vision toolbar. The top most button of the toolbar is divided into two sections, one is a button you can click on, one expands out into a menu when you select it, go to this menu and select ’manage classrooms’;

- once in the manage classrooms screen, click on the classroom you use the most and click edit classroom. Check the box labeled ’make this my default classroom’ and then click ok and exit the classroom manager;

- click the menu in the toolbar’s first icon again and select the classroom that you made default. It should display as bold. Once you’ve selected it, click the connect classroom button if it isn’t already selected then click on the topmost button in the toolbar to open the classroom;

- after these changes it should open normally for future uses.

Please note that you can find an article related to this issue and also multiple articles regarding different Vision requirements, troubleshooting and user guides, corresponding to the latest to the oldest versions, on our KnowledgeBase at this page: (http://kb.netop.com/article.php?id=29)

Let me know if this solution helped you solve the problem you brought to our attention.

Thank you,
    Last edited by Gianina Aniela Casleanu; 11-09-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    Kindest regards,

Gianina-Aniela

Netop Support

Hello,

i have the same problem and your solution works...but we have a plenty of workstations intalled with the teacher-client and a plenty of users (teachers) that work on this workstations in different classrooms randomly. It cant be the solution for me (im admin) and especially for them to say they have to do this on every workstation... isnt there a global setting that it will work from the beginning for every new user without that "solution"??

This only occurs when the default global classroom has been deleted for any reason. That classroom is the automatic default for any users. To avoid this issue, we recommend modifying the classroom instead of deleting it and creating a new one.

There are a couple of other options we could discuss with you if you open a case with us.
    Dean Johnson | Support Engineer
    Netop | www.netop.com
    15725 SW Greystone Court, Suite 225
    Beaverton, Oregon 97006 USA