Hybrid View

I cant install NETOP Teacher

i get this error
    "error adding or removing host service"
    some advice is appreciated
    thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dear Nepor, thank you for taking the time to write this post.

The error message you are getting might be related to older versions of Netop School or Remote Control that weren't uninstalled or weren't correctly removed from the system.

That error may indicate the presence of a Netop Remote Control Host or a Netop School Student on that particular machine.

However, regardless of what previous modules were running on that PC, it is necessary to completely remove either Netop Remote Control or Netop School from the system.

This is sometimes the best way to successfully resolve erratic or usual behavior that is sometimes caused by an installation problem or settings files that have become corrupted over time.

In order to do that, please follow the next steps:

1: Uninstall the Netop modules using the Windows Add/Remove Programs feature

2: In the Program Files folder, delete the Danware Data and/or Netop folders (depending on your operating system)

3: In C:/Windows folder, delete the netop.ini file

4: on the Guest/Teacher go to C:\users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming and delete the Danware Data and/or Netop folder

5: Open regedit and delete the following registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\NHOSTNT3

6: Reboot system and now it is as clean as before the Netop installation

If you are still getting this error message after following these steps, please let me know so we can proceed further for a quick resolution of your problem.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards
    Last edited by Gianina Aniela Casleanu; 11-01-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Thanks very much!
    Now is Ok.
    Can I work the Netop School with a BlueTooth device? if yes, how i can install a network for NetopSchool
    Thanks in advance

Dear nepor, thak you for updating me on this, I am glad you managed to successfully install the Teacher. Regarding your question, could you please provide me with more details as to what Bluetooth device you want to use with Netop School? What exactly do you mean by installing a network for Netop School?

Kind regards

well how i can connect two computer, teacher and student.
    Thanks in advance

Dear nepor, if you only wish to use one Student initially, you can install it manually from the console.

The Teacher and Student computers must be connected in a network.

If you want to install more students, and you need all student computers to have identical settings, use Student Deployment from the Teacher module (the Tools tab/Student deployment). A Student deployment can be based on default settings, or on a customized Student module setup. The latter requires that the Student module is installed on the same computer as the Teacher module to create custom configuration files.

When the Teacher and Student modules have been installed, they automatically have default settings and are fully operational without any further setup.

However, both modules have setup options that are presented in three wizard steps the first time the module is started. The default options can be reviewed and changed at first startup or any time later.

When you run the setup wizard for both Teacher and Student, the second step for the Teacher and third for the Student, will ask you to fill in the name of the classroom you want to appear on the Teacher (and of course the classroom name you want your students to connect to). You can leave the default one 'My classroom', or change it to whatever classroom name you want.

When running the setup wizard on the Student (after it has been installed), you have several options to choose from in the 'Classroom' section:

1. Connect to a specific classroom (it must match the one you selected on the Teacher-the Student will automatically join that class at start up)
    2. Browse for classes (when you have several Teachers with different classroom names- the Student will connect to the active/available one)
    3. Select Class (in this case a small window will be displayed on the Student asking him/her to specify the Class name or IP address/DNS of the Teacher's PC)

On the Teacher console, you have 3 different views on the left side bar: Details, Classroom, and Class Setup. In Class Setup, you can either add students by hitting the 'plus' button on the right. You can add students by their Student Logon Name/Computer Name/Windows Logon Name etc.

If the Student is available, it will immediately connect to the Teacher.

In the same view, you have the 'Available Students' pane, that shows you the available students (that are set to 'Be available for any class'). If you want these students in your class, you can just drag and drop them in the Class Setup View, under 'All Students'.

Please note that you can find very useful installation, User's and Administrator's Guides on the School Documentation page:

http://www.netop.com/products/educat...tion.htm#pdNav

In the User's guide, you will be presented with all available features, options and tools for both Teacher and Student.

The Advanced User's Guide gives you a more detailed insight on the installation and deployment process, and other useful tips and tricks.

You can also access our Knowledgebase:

http://kb.netop.com/category.php?id=58

for very detailed and compehensive Netop School articles (troubleshooting, setups in different environments and types of connection).

Please let me know if I can be of more assistance.
    Last edited by Gianina Aniela Casleanu; 11-04-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    Kindest regards,

Gianina-Aniela

Netop Support

Oh, Gianina-Aniela thanks very much, im greatly fortunated with your help!
    Thanks for your time and patience

Dear Nepor, you are more than welcome. I hope that our application will suit your School's needs and that you will find it very helpful and efficatious.
    Kindest regards,

Gianina-Aniela

Netop Support

Quote Originally Posted by nepor View Post
    i get this error
    "error adding or removing host service"
    some advice is appreciated
    thanks
    I have same problem but I dont install netop before.
    netop version : 6.22
    I can install netop on my virtual PC with windows XP

Netop School is a discontinued product that is not supported on Windows 8 and will likely not work on it. Netop School has been replaced by VisionPro, which does support Windows 8. Learn more here: http://www.netop.com/classroom-management-software/products/netop-school.htm
    Last edited by Dean Johnson; 05-20-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    Dean Johnson | Support Engineer
    Netop | www.netop.com
    15725 SW Greystone Court, Suite 225
    Beaverton, Oregon 97006 USA